With the function of automatic upload, local pictures and tables and other files can be automatically uploaded to server. After they issued, others can see and download these files as well. You needn't insert and upload files one by one; instead you can upload multiple files at a time. This process goes automatically. This function is used to automatically upload files when pasting in Word document.
Click to try out local file auto upload function.
When you finish a Word document and hope to publish part of the content or the whole of it to website, you can do as follows:
- In the Word document, select and drag the part that you need with Mouse and then copy (CTRL+C) it.
- Next paste (CTRL+V) it to your editing area of editor of Content Managing System (CMS).
- Then you will find that all content you want have been copied.
However, at the moment the address of pictures in editing area is still in this computer. The form is as follows:
<img src="file:///C:/ xxx/xxx.gif">
If you issue contents as above, "C:/xxx/xxx.gif" document would exist in your computer, but not in the readers' computer.
Then to solve this problem, you hope to publish the content and meanwhile to directly upload local pictures to your own server at ease. As follows:
The function of "local file auto upload" button is to solve the above problems. When you click this button in editor's toolbar, all local pictures in editing area will be uploaded automatically to your web's server.
Such as, the original code is:
<img src="file:///c:/xxx/a.gif"><img src="file:///d:/xxx/b.gif">
After clicking, the code will turn to be:
<img src="http://www.yoursite.com/random1.gif"><img src="http://www.yoursite.com/random2.gif">
<img src="/random1.gif"><img src="/random2.gif">
- The specific form after transferring is relative to the setting of administrator. Administrator can set path in absolute root path, full absolute path and relative path modes, and can define the document's directory and directory rules.
- With this function, you can not only upload picture files, but also upload files with any other extension, such as RAR, ZIP, JPG, CHM and so on. The file type to be allowed to upload is set by administrator in the background.
- To employ this function, you need to install the "eWebEditor client software" plug-in component in client. Please refer to the component installation instruction sector for details.
After clicking the "Upload Local File" icon button, a dialog box as follows will pop up.
In the above dialog box, the selected operation will be carried out only if you select some option. Click "OK" to finish the operation.
- When you paste Word document content, it will popup dialog box as above so as to finish the auto upload of pictures and other files in Word document and the insert of VML styles header and Word default styles.
- The using of this function requires the support of "eWebEditor client software". If it is the first time for you to use it, it will popup the install interface of "eWebEditor client software" component. Click "yes" in the install interface and finish the install of component and it will popup interface as above.